October is Manufacturing Month
The State of Wisconsin has declared October 2018 Manufacturing Month. Join Wisconsin DPI in this celebration as we promote manufacturing and manufacturing careers and education along with these great partners:
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD)
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR)
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP)
- Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS), and Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC)
The DPI will join the national celebration of manufacturing in our schools. We recognize that manufacturing can empower a student to define their own success through the multitude of opportunities available. It is a career that requires skill, thought, and creativity. Manufacturing offers a wide range of career paths for a student to pursue - like sales, working the assembly line, carpentry, computer programming, or engineering. A career in manufacturing means more than a life filled with hard labor and little growth.
How to get involved in Manufacturing Day?
Manufacturing Day is October 5, 2018. Will any of you be attending an event? If so, please be sure to share your stories and photos to social media, tag the Department of Public Instruction, and use the #MFGDay18.
Resources for Manufacturing Month
- Wisconsin Manufacturing & Commerce website
- Manufacturing Day resources for event planning and participation
- Manufacturing Day Facebook link
- Potential tours for your students can be found on the WMC Plant Tour Guide.
- Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce list
- Project Lead the Way news release: PLTW Manufacturing Day
- October is Manufacturing Month: View the event photos on the Wisconsin DPI Facebook Page
- Apprenticeship Awareness Toolkit
- Wisconsin Apprenticeship Video "Top Ten" reasons to train apprentices
- Manufacturing Month Events in Wisconsin