Wisconsin's Literacy (un)Conference 2015
Wisconsin's Literacy (un)Conference is an online professional learning opportunity to develop instructional leadership in literacy for directors of instruction, directors of special education, literacy coaches, principals, reading specialists, reading teachers, reading interventionists, and other literacy leaders.
Literacy-related SLOs provide a unique opportunity to improve academic achievement for students, strengthen professional practice, and collaborate with colleagues.
Wisconsin’s Literacy (un)conference 2015 is comprised of short “sessions” in the form of original, pre-recorded, stories, no more than 5 minutes in length, where Wisconsin educators and administrators reflect on literacy-related SLOs and the SLO process. All materials will be archived for future use. Use the navigation bar on the left to navigate within the (un)Conference site.
Viewers will be able to reflect upon their SLO process and/or their literacy-related SLOs in order to refine and improve either the process or the SLO, itself, in order to achieve their personal professional goals and the academic achievement goals of their students.
Webinars can be watched independently but we also encourage viewers to watch these short “sessions” with colleagues as part of their professional learning.
As you watch these video vignettes, consider the following:
- How did the vignettes reinforce your thinking about literacy-related SLOs? How did the vignettes push or change your thinking about literacy-related SLOs?
- How were literacy-related SLOs leveraged to promote cross-disciplinary collaboration as shared in the video vignettes?
- How will you share the thinking and learning you did as a result of engaging with these videos?
"A Positive Influence:" WI EE Systems Reflections
Find Additional related resources at The WI Educator Effectiveness System DPI webpage
Past Literacy (un)Conferences
Literacy (un)Conference 2014
Literacy (un)Conference 2013
- Conference topics are divided in two strands:
- Standards-Based Instruction and Assessment
- Planning for Professional Learning and Collaboration
- Please visit the Literacy (un)Conference 2013 website to access the whole series