Council members develop and implement goals and objectives that are important to all Wisconsin libraries and information services.
The current goals are:
Support the work of the Public Library System Revision Steering Committee,
updated information at Public Library System Redesign Project's website
- Assist with communication of the plan to ensure that comprehensive, accurate & timely information about system restructuring is conveyed throughout the Wisconsin library community.
- Library card usable statewide
Support and encourage library professionals to form alliances with local, state, and national decision makers to demonstrate the value of libraries in education, literacy, employment, entrepreneurship, and digital access.
Identify opportunities and encourage alliances that demonstrate the value of libraries.
Use existing networking capabilities to communicate the goals of COLAND and provide opportunities for these communities to give feedback on their issues and concerns.
Update website with current information
Encourage the conversations related to e-books,
Cooperative contracts, access to digital information and other information technology developments.
Monitor and provide advisory information for the following:
- Public school e-book project which WiLS is facilitating with RLLL;
- BadgerLink RFP effort;
- Wisconsin DPLA hub effort;
- Broadband and digital access efforts for libraries (including e-rate);
- Other technologies as defined by COLAND
For for information, the COLAND Goals 2015-2017 pdf provides a complete list of objectives and action plans for all 7 goals.