- 115.95 - Bilingual-Bicultural Education.
- From the U.S. Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights: The Provision of an Equal Education Opportunity to Limited-English Proficient Students
- Policy Regarding the Treatment of National Origin Minority Students Who are Limited English Proficient
- Questions and Answers on the Rights of Limited-English Proficient Students
- Office for Civil Rights
- Title III, NCLB, Non-Regulatory Guidance on Assessment
Funding - General Information
Federal Funding Sources
- Title III-Part A, No Child Left Behind - English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement
- Title III-Part A 08-09 Allocation Breakdown - The Title III per pupil amount for the 2008-09 school year is approximately $119.00. As you are aware, students with composite scores on the 2008 ACCESS for ELs in the limited-English proficient range (English language proficiency levels 1-5) generate Title III allocations for districts. The spreadsheet provides, by district, the number of ELs in non-public schools and the number of ELs in the district's public schools, with the resulting allocations for each.
Title III-Related ESEA Information Update Bulletins
- 07.01 Identification of Students as ELLs
- 07.02 Criteria for Reclassification of ELL Students as Fully English Proficient
- 08.01 Required Two-Year Monitoring for Former ELLs
For more information about federally-funded Bilingual/ESL programs, contact Amy Maciolek .
State Funding Categorical Aids
- Who Is Eligible
- Teacher Certification Requirements
- Bilingual Teacher's Aides - Requirements
- Approvable Expenditures
For more information about State Categorical Aids for Bilingual/ESL programs, contact Amy Maciolek.