Wisconsin Business and Information Technology (BIT) Standards Resources
The primary mission of Business & Information Technology is to prepare students for business occupations and to teach students about business. Education about Business & Information Technology focuses on those aspects of business that affect every member of society, whereas preparation for business occupations focuses on the preparation of individuals to own or operate their own business or to work in a variety of business functions.
Within the local school district and community, it is the business educator who must develop and nurture a comprehensive business program. The support base for the program should include former students, business employees/employers, informed educators, parents and all others who recognize that business education can improve the quality of life for the individual and well-being of the community.
The Business & Information Technology consultant and staff at the Department of Public Instruction offers major support to business educators at all levels.
II. Business & Information Technology Program Resources
- Business & Information Technology Quality Program Self Evaluation
- Stacking Your Deck - Standards and Course Development
III. Connecting B&IT to Wisconsin Common Career Technical Standards
IV. Business & Information Technology Standards Supplement
V. Connecting Business & Information Technology to Common Core State Standards (Disciplinary Literacy)
- Expanded Types of Course Chart - Business Communications
- Expanded Types of Course Chart - Department Level
- Cisco Networking Academy Curricula Alignment to National Education Standards
VI. Performance Task Samples
- WICPA High School Accounting Education Symposium (November 15, 2013)
- BM&IT Standards Workshops (Fall 2013)
- BM&IT Spring Updates (Spring 2015)