Using Local Foods in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
Wisconsin's growing season aligns well with the SFSP, allowing sponsors to serve fresh, locally grown foods as part of their summer meals. Here are some great resources to either get you started or expand your Farm to Summer program.
Join the Cucumber Crunch this Summer! The Cucumber Crunch is a simple, celebratory event to promote Farm to Summer in Wisconsin. Join your staff and children as we CRUNCH into local cucumbers on Thursday, July 30th! All SFSP Sponsors, sites, schools and other organizations are invited to participate.
- Farm to Summer Fact Sheet
- Farm Fresh Atlas - search to find local food in Wisconsin
- Find a Farmer
- Geographic Preference - Purchasing
- Guidance for Procuring Local Foods - USDA
- How Sponsors Can Use Local Foods in Summer Meals
- Local Foods and Related Activities in Summer Meal Programs, with Questions and Answers
- USDA Farm to Summer Resources