Join the SFSP
Are you interested in joining the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)? Check out The Summer Food Service Program for more information.
Organizations that want to join must be one of the following and meet requirements:
- Public or private nonprofit School Food Authorities (SFA) that is formally recognized by the Department of Public Instruction as a school.
- Public or private nonprofit summer camp.
- Unit of local, municipal, county, tribal or State government.
- Public or private college or university.
- Private nonprofit organization that has Federal tax-exempt status 501(c)3 under the Internal Revenue System (IRS) or is a church organization.
- All must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). A copy of IRS document is required.
- All must have or obtain a Unique Entity ID (SAM).
- New sponsors that do not operate another Child Nutrition Program must demonstrate their financial viability, administrative capability, and program accountability (internal controls, management systems).
Ready to take the next step? Complete the SFSP New Agency Information Form. This will be sent to DPI for review. If eligible, further information regarding required training and the application process will be provided. Contact Amy Kolano, Summer Food Service Program Coordinator with questions.
Note that new applications for the SFSP will not be received unless DPI is contacted. All applications are due by the federal deadline of June 15th and must be approved prior to summer operation. Any meals served prior to approval, cannot be reimbursed.