Are you interested in joining the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)? Check out the CACFP Overview for more information and refer to the New Agency Application Process outlining the steps to join.
Programs that want to join must be open and operating for at least one full month and meet one of the following requirements:
- Licensed Programs: Have an active and current license with the Department of Children and Families
- Programs Exempt from Licensing: Meet local/state health and safety standards
The first step to join the CACFP is to complete a CACFP New Agency Information Form to provide information to determine if your program is eligible, including:
- Legal name of organization
- Organization type: For-Profit, Private Non-profit, or Public/Tribal
- Private Non-profit organizations must have federal tax-exempt status 501(c)3 under the IRS
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of organization
- DPI Agency Code (if applicable): School Food Authority (SFA) or other organization currently participating in another child nutrition program, or that has participated in a child nutrition program in the past, must provide the DPI assigned agency code
Ready to take the next step? Complete the CACFP New Agency Information Form to determine if your program is eligible. The DPI will review the information and contact eligible programs. If you have any questions, contact us at CACFPApplication@dpi.wi.gov.