2023 SFSP Training Options
All in person training sessions have been completed for this year. Please utilize the E-learning Course to review Program requirements.
E-Learning Course: This SFSP training opportunity is available online and can be access 24/7 without a password. The Lessons must be reviewed prior to starting SFSP operation. Complete the form at the end of each lesson for verification that the Lesson has been completed.
2023 E-Learning Course for the SFSP
- This web-based course is a companion training to the Guide to Operating the SFSP and the USDA Guidance Manuals.
- All materials contained within the Guide and the USDA Guidance Manuals can be found on the SFSP Materials and Resources page.
- This web-based course can be accessed on your PC, laptop, tablet, and cell phone.
- Staff can train on topics related to their job.
- No special access passwords or codes needed.
- Click on the E-Learning Course for SFSP link above to get started!
- A certificate of training is available when finished with each lesson.
- Sponsor Training Documentation Form
E-Learning Course for Marketing your SFSP
Other Online Learning Resources
The following may be used to complete the Civil Rights Training Requirement for staff/volunteers that have not be trained through another Child Nutrition Program:
- Institute of Child Nutrition - The Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) provides free online courses. Participants must register with ICN and then enroll in the course. Once completed the participant will receive a certificate of completion. Civil Rights in Child Nutrition Programs
- Civil Rights Training for the Summer Food Service Program
- Civil Rights Training Handout
Best Practices in SFSP
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Time and Temperature Control
- Food Safety in Summer Meals
- Nutrition 101 4th Ed.
SFSP Mini Series
|Topic||Recorded Webinar||Handout with Transcript||Q&As|
|2023 SFSP Application Requirements & Deadlines||2023 Application Requirements & Deadlines|
For questions about this information, contact Amy Kolano (608) 266-7124