Wisconsin Early Childhood Professional Development Competencies
The Wisconsin competencies for professionals and training and technical assistance professionals, were developed to create a common thread of Professional Development expectations across the variety of system partners (Higher Education, Child Care, Head Start, 4 & 5 year-old Kindergarten, Special Education, Child Welfare, Home Visiting, Health & Mental Health, Afterschool, Advocacy, and others) for the ultimate benefit of children and families in Wisconsin.
Locating In-service Training Opportunities It is often difficult for people to locate the early childhood training that meets their interest. Currently, several agencies in the state provide web sites and/or mailings that list early childhood related training opportunities around Wisconsin. Connect to a site to link the early childhood training opportunities available in the state.
Additional Initiatives and Information
- The Wisconsin Professional Development Project provides leadership and professional development in early intervention and early childhood special education. They have an online training calendar and newsletter.
- The Registry is Wisconsin's recognition system for childhood care and education professionals. Visit their online training clearinghouse.
- The Department of Public Instruction oversees Wisconsin's teacher licensing and certification. It also operates a data base of teaching position openings in schools within the state.
- Cross Sector Professional Development Initiative: Full Report, Executive Summary
- Strengthening Tribal-State Relations: Wisconsin Race to the Top—Early Learning
Challenge Grant: Full Report, Executive Summary