The Department of Public Instruction works to support artistic and creative development by:
- disseminating the Wisconsin’s Model Academic standards for each of the arts areas;
- providing professional development resources to support student growth in the arts;
- promoting and supporting the curriculum guide for each arts area;
- providing creativity resources that highlight the research, use, and learning practices for multiple content areas;
- pursuing common goals with state and national professional education organizations, and
- working to build a highly qualified workforce to support student learning in artistic and creative practices.
Resources - Arts Content Areas
Interim COVID-19 Infection Control and Mitigation Measures for Schools - General guidelines are provided throughout the document, along with specific Arts Education considerations on page 16. Please share your feedback about this matter by either email - COVIDemail@example.com or through the online contact form at https://dpi.wi.gov/user/21526/contact.
DL Arts Rubrics - All arts areas for the six disciplinary literacy areas- writing, reading, thinking, listening, performing, and speaking.
Wisconsin Arts Education- 2015-2016 Snapshot of Arts Education WI student participation