Title IV-A Needs Assessment Resources
A comprehensive needs assessment aligned with the allowable activities is required if the district or consortia allocation is over $30,000. The comprehensive needs assessment must include, at a minimum, a focus on the three content areas identified above. Additional recommendations about conducting a needs assessment are located in the "Implementing Effective SSAE Program Activities" section which starts on page 15 of the Non-Regulatory Guidance document and the Needs Assessment Guidebook from State Support Network. The Department of Education also released a Title IV-A LEA Needs Assessment Tool that was developed with stakeholder feedback, along with a technical assistance webinar to support implementation.
Additional resources are available below.
Safe and Healthy Students (4108)
- Action for Healthy Kids- Online School Health Index
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation- Using Needs Assessment to Connect Health and Learning
- Online Youth Risk Behavior Survey
- AODA Assessment Tool
- School Tobacco Assessment Tool
- School Violence Assessment Tool
- School climate surveys
Effective Use of Technology (4109)
- Future Ready Dashboard Assessment - (IMT overview of use of Future Ready tools) - this is a free tool for districts