In addition to guiding the work done by the research analysts on the Policy and Budget team, the Department of Public Instruction's research agenda is used to evaluate and prioritize resources to support external research projects and confidential data requests. Click here to view DPI's 2018-2019 research agenda.
Wisconsin Education Research Advisory Council (WERAC)
WERAC is a partnership between DPI, the education research community, and practitioners from around Wisconsin to help DPI develop innovative, coordinated and sustainable solutions to the challenges faced by Wisconsin's pupils and educators. Click here for more information about WERAC, a list of members and information about past meetings.
We are currently organizing and tagging research products from our team as well as those done by external partners using Wisconsin data. Check back soon to see the final product. Until then, here is a list of research done using Wisconsin data:
- Goff, Peter, Carl, Bradley, and Yang, Minseok 2018. Supply and demand for public school teachers in Wisconsin (WCER Working Paper No. 2018-2). Retrieved from University of Wisconsin–Madison, Wisconsin Center for Education Research website: https://www.wcer.wisc.edu/publications/working-papers (link)
- Grodsky, Eric, Yiyue Huangfu, H. Rose Miesener, and Chiara Packard. 2017. Kindergarten Readiness in Wisconsin (WCER Working Paper No. 2017-3). Retrieved from University of Wisconsin–Madison, Wisconsin Center for Education Research website: http://www.wcer.wisc.edu/publications/working-papers (link)
- Hirschl, Noah, and Christian Michael Smith. 2018. College Attendance among Low-Income Youth: Explaining Differences across Wisconsin High Schools (WCER Working Paper No. 2018-6). Retrieved from University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin Center for Education Research website: https://wcer.wisc.edu/publications/working-papers (link)
- Berger, Lawrence M., Maria Cancian, Eunhee Han, Jennifer Noyes, and Vanessa Rios-Salas. 2015. "Children’s Academic Achievement and Foster Care." Pediatrics 135(1): e109-e116. doi:10.1542/peds.2014-2448 (link to article )
- Knowles, Jared E. 2015. "Of Needles and Haystacks: Building an Accurate Statewide Dropout Early Warning System in Wisconsin." Journal of Educational Data Mining 7(3): 18-67. (link to article)