The Wisconsin Division for Libraries and Technology (DLT) established WISPUBLIB in 1994 as a venue to discuss public library issues of interest to the state's public library community. That email list has now been replaced by the following Google+ Communities:
- WI DPI Library Classifieds: Post jobs or interest in employment as well as library items to sell, buy, or give away.
- WI Public Library Services and Programs: Discuss what public libraries offer to their public
- WI Public Library Administration and Data: Issues and concerns related to operating and governing a public library in Wisconsin
- WI Public Library Technology: A forum for library staff to discuss and ask questions about a wide variety of tools, resources, and ideas that center around technology.
- WI DPI Resource Sharing: A forum for library staff in all types of Wisconsin libraries to discuss interlibrary loan (ILL) and related topics
- WI DPI School Libraries PLC: A forum for school librarians, media specialists, and library aids to discuss common issues and interests
To join a Google+ Community, an email address linked to a Google account is required. (A Gmail email address or other Google services are not required.) See these links:
To join a Google+ Community listed above, click the link. In the community window, click Ask to Join at the top right.