2015 ILEAD USA-WI Timeline
- November 21, 2014 - Deadline for ILEAD USA-WI Applications
- March 23-26, 2015 - First In-Person Session (Heidel House, Green Lake, WI)
- April-June 2015 - Intersession Activities
- June 22-25, 2015 - Second In-Person Session (Heidel House, Green Lake, WI)
- July-October 2015 - Intersession Activities
- October 26-29, 2015 - Third In-Person Session (Heidel House, Green Lake, WI)
During 2015 the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Division for Libraries and Technology partnered with nine other state library agencies (Illinois, Delaware, Maine, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Utah) to implement ILEAD USA in their states.
Created in 2009 by the Illinois State Library, ILEAD is a library leadership immersion program that focuses on teamwork, skill building, and participatory technology. Someone who's been involved with ILEAD since the beginning is David Lankes of Syracuse University's School of Information Studies. According to Lankes, ILEAD is all about producing "awesome librarians." We couldn't agree more!
ILEAD USA-Wisconsin team members came from public, school, and academic libraries as well as regional public library systems and teams were selected via an application process. In their application, each team identified a community need that could be addressed using participatory technology. Over a nine-month period, the teams participated in three immersive training sessions (that took place during March, June, and October) in addition to doing a great deal of team and independent work during the inter session periods.
During the March session, each team created a short video about their community need. You can view these videos at the ILEAD USA-Wisconsin YouTube Channel! At the June session, each team presented a poster session on the project that they identified to meet their community need. And during the October session, each team presented the results of their project and also recorded a "seed and grow" video to assist others in doing similar projects.
The six teams that participated in ILEAD USA-Wisconsin were:
Team Name: "Digital Humanities"
- Rachel Arndt, Milwaukee Public Library
- Maria Cunningham-Benn, Milwaukee Public Library
- Mary Lou Klecha, Milwaukee Public Library
- Elisabeth Kaune, Milwaukee Public Library
- Kirsten Thompson, Milwaukee Public Library
- Jeff Dawson, Lester Public Library (Two Rivers), Team Mentor
Team Name: "Early Literacy Innovators"
- Angela Meyers, Waukesha County Federated Library System (Waukesha)
- Kerry Pinkner, Waukesha Public Library
- Christine Weichart, New Berlin Public Library
- Christi Sommerfeldt, formerly of Muskego Public Library
- Katharine Clark, Madison Public Library
- Gus Falkenberg, Indianhead Federated Library System (Eau Claire), Team Mentor
Team Name: "Enrich the Future, Tap Into the Past"
- Todd Mountjoy, Richard J. Brown Library, Nicolet Area Technical College (Rhinelander)
- Don Litzer, T.B. Scott Free Library (Merrill)
- Inese Christman, Wisconsin Valley Library Service (Wausau)
- Emily Pfotenhauer, WiLS (Madison)
- Sue Engel, Horace Mann Middle School IMC (Wausau)
- Jean Anderson, South Central Library System (Madison), Team Mentor
Team Name: "Minerva"
- Kinga Jacobson, Gibraltar School District Library (Fish Creek)
- Nancy Larson, West Bend Community Memorial Library
- Amanda Burns, Suring Area Public Library
- Kimberly Young, formerly of Brown County Library (Green Bay)
- Debbie Olguin, Milwaukee Public Library
- Krista Ross, Southwest Wisconsin Library System (Fennimore), Team Mentor
Team Name: "MKE Mixers"
- Krista Hutley, Whitefish Bay Public Library
- Emily Passey, Shorewood Public Library
- Beth Henika, North Shore Library (Glendale)
- Jennifer Loeffel, Franklin Public Library
- Sandra Speare, Greendale Middle School, (Greendale)
- Joy Schwarz, Winnefox Library System (Oshkosh), Team Mentor
Team Name: "WisCode Literati"
- Kim Boldt, Milwaukee Public Library
- Melody Clark, Arrowhead Library System (Milton)
- Joshua Cowles, Fond du Lac Public Library
- Sara Bryce Kozla, formerly of LaCrosse Public Library
- Holly Storck-Post, Monroe Public Library
- Tasha Saecker, Appleton Public Library, Team Mentor
Below is a map that shows the locations of the team members, mentors, and instructors (updated after each in-person session).
Ryan Claringbole, Coordinator of the Instructor Corps at email@example.com or (608) 266-9534
The 2015 ILEAD USA-Wisconsin project was made possible by a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) with additional funds provided by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.