The Wisconsin Educator Effectiveness Research Partnership (WEERP), a partnership between University Wisconsin-Milwaukee, University Wisconsin-Madison, and DPI, is pleased to announce the release of new survey tools districts may use to capture the perceptions of students and families about racial equity. It is critical that we understand how students and families experience and perceive race in our schools. These surveys will provide schools with the tools to monitor their progress toward creating racially inclusive schools that celebrate diversity.
- The surveys are free for districts to use. Survey results and reports will be freely provided to districts and schools.
- Surveys are anonymous.
- District and school-level results are private. Only the school or district will have access to results. DPI will not have access. WEERP will only produce state-level reportsfor DPI.
- Surveys were modified from the empirically validated Panorama Survey.
- Surveys are currently available in English, Spanish, and Chinese Mandarin. Currently in process, translation of the surveys into Hmong.
- This summer, WEERP will work to develop learning tools for how to effectively use the results of these equity surveys to inform school improvement efforts.
Districts interested in learning more about the surveys, reviewing the questions, and possibly using them to inform their equity efforts will find details at: https://uwm.edu/sreed/wisconsin-equity-focused-surveys/