Wisconsin Public Library and System Annual Report Electronic Reporting Portal Library Performance Assessment Solution (LibPAS) is open to retrieve reports, infographics, and brochures. Information about completing the Wisconsin Public Library Annual Report was sent to all Wisconsin Public Library directors from WI@countingopinions.com.
- Instructions for the Annual Report. Includes current descriptions of annual report data elements. New items and resources are highlighted in the Annual Report instructions.
- Annual Report Worksheet. This worksheet can be used to compile information before entering annual report data into LibPAS. Note: The worksheet is provided for convenience and does not replace submission of the online or PDF report.
- System Effectiveness Form. The form should be completed and submitted in tandem with the annual report or, if the library board wishes to submit it separately, the board's statement on system effectiveness may be indicated on this completed, approved, signed form that is submitted separately from the online public library annual report. If the library board should choose that course of action, please choose "Not indicating online" on the electronic form, then send the signed, scanned statement as a PDF to LibraryReport@dpi.wi.gov.
- Note: As a public document, the separate paper statement will be provided upon request to your public library system or others, regardless of whether it is submitted separately.
- System effectiveness forms are due by the same date as the annual report—March 1 (February 29 in a leap year).
- Using LibPAS. Instructions for using the LibPAS online reporting system to complete data entry forms, including organization, navigation, data entry, report submittal. For guidelines on the information to be entered on the form, see "Instructions for the Annual Report" above.
State statutes require that library and system boards file their annual reports by March 1 (February 29 in a leap year)—within 60 days after the conclusion of the fiscal year of the municipality or county in which the public library is located [Wis. Stat. s. 43.58(6)(a)].
Any questions regarding the annual report reporting platform, these reports, or instructions should be directed to LibraryReport@dpi.wi.gov.
Support material for completing the Public Library System Annual Report is linked below:
- Instructions for the System Annual Report. Includes current descriptions of system annual report data elements. Available January 2021.
- 2020 Pre-fill Template for Systems for member libraries Public Library Annual Report
Any questions regarding LibPAS, these reports, or instructions should be directed to LibraryReport@dpi.wi.gov.