The purpose of this timeline is to help Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Coordinators understand the timeframe for ESEA requirements throughout the school year, as well as how these requirements will benefit the local educational agency (LEA), its students, staff, and community.
LEAs are encouraged to make a copy of this workbook so that they can include their own procedures and timelines.
Each requirement is tagged with a general topic header, thereby allowing the user to filter by certain topics. For example, selecting the "Fiscal" filter in the "Tag" column will result in the timeline only displaying fiscal requirements. You can also filter the requirement by Title.
Please note: This timeline is organized by the fiscal year, therefore July is identified as the first month in the "When" column.
Allocations and Carryover
- 2021-22 Final ESEA Allocations for Title I-A, Title I-D, Title II-A, Title III-A, and Title IV-A
- 2020-21 Final ESEA Formula Allocations - Titles I, II, III, and IV
- 2019-20 Final ESEA Formula Allocations - Titles I, II, III, and IV
- 2018-19 Final ESEA Formula Allocations - Titles I, II, III, IV, and V (note: now includes Title III)
- 2018-19 Preliminary ESEA Formula Allocations - Titles I, II, and IV
- 2017-2018 Final Carryover for Titles I, II, III, and IV
- 2017-18 Final ESEA Formula Allocations
- 2016-17 Final ESEA Carryover
Local educational agencies (LEAs) receiving Title I-A, Title II-A, Title III-A, Title IV-A, or Title V-B funds under ESEA are required to complete the ESEA End-of-Year Report in WISEgrants. The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) uses the data submitted by LEAs to complete the Consolidated State Performance Report as required by the U.S. Department of Education each fall.
20-21 End-of-Year Report Workbook - The End-of-Year Report Workbook contains the same data requirements LEAs will see when the End-of-Year Report is opened in WISEgrants. The 20-21 End-of-Year Report will be opened in WISEgrants in June. LEAs can fill out the Workbook ahead of time to ensure that they have collected all the data needed to complete the End-of-Year Report in WISEgrants.
2020-21 ESEA End-of-Year Report Deadline - TBD
Contact Cody Oltmans at (608) 266-2489 with questions regarding the End-of-Year Report.
Public Reporting of Federal, State, and Locally Required Assessments
LEAs must publicly report information on each federal, state, and if feasible, LEA required assessments. LEA’s must provide information on the following:
- Participation requirements;
- Subject matter;
- Assessment time; and
- The schedule and format for disseminating results.
DPI has produced this template to meet the requirement and we encourage LEAs to adapt it to meet the needs of their local stakeholders or to provide their own resource. Use of this template is only a recommendation, LEAs are encouraged to use what works for them to meet the needs of their community and schools and fulfill ESEA requirement Sec. 1112(e)(2)(B).
Click to login:
Reporting Grant Fraud - Federal and State