2016 and 2017 Public Library Service Data
Public Library Service Data files for 2016 and 2017 are now available. See the "Statistics at the Public Library Level" table below. Statistics by other types and updated trend data are forthcoming. Library directors are asked to review their library's data and send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wisconsin Public Library Service Trends 1990-2015
- Public Library Population Estimates 2013-2017
- Fast Facts about Wisconsin Public Libraries
- LibPAS Report Templates: Comparison Reports and Charts
- Where the Wild Things Are: Circulation Data Revealed
- WAPL presentation slides
- Discovering Your Data: Where It Is and How Libraries Can Use It
- NWLS presentation slides
- Library and System Annual Report support documents
- Wisconsin Public Library Directories
The Public Library Development Team annually collects statistics from Wisconsin public libraries. Excel files of more than 115 data elements grouped by general categories are available below.
National library data is available in the Public Libraries Survey data from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) data catalog.
Please note that there is a known issue in select years prior to 2016 with Hours Open data.
|Type of Statistics||Year|
Statistics at the State and System Level
Includes state totals and averages along with system-wide statistics in order by system name.
Statistics at the County Level
Includes county-wide statistics in order by county name.
Statistics at the Public Library Level
Includes statistics for all public libraries in the state i order by municipality name.
Statistics at the Public Library Level by System and County
Includes statistics for every public library, county, and system in the state in order by system, then county, then by library. County and system totals are included.