The 2020 Census matters. Accurate counts influence Federal funding, U.S. Congressional representation, and what we know about the communities we serve.
An estimated 90% of the population will need to complete their Census 2020 form online. Library professionals will most likely be called upon to help people complete those forms. The U.S. Census Bureau may have already contacted you for meeting space, or help recruiting temporary employees, or finding volunteers. Please do all you can to say YES when the Census Bureau gets in touch. We realize that assistance in this effort might place extra demands on time and energy, so Public Library Development staff at DPI will be available to help Wisconsin library workers to be educated and ready for the census. Visit this site for information as it becomes available.
Why is Census 2020 so important?
View this Public Service Announcement (PSA) to learn why accurate counts are so important. It explains how census data will affect congressional representation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
State of Wisconsin:
- Ways to participate: Census 2020 Say 'YES' to Wisconsin Counts
- American Library Association (ALA) Census 2020 resources
- South Central Library System: Census 2020 Outreach Information
- Wisconsin Valley Library System: Visuals & Public Information (ready to print)
- Recording of Wisconsin Census 2020 webinar