Technology Programs and Activities
Broadband and Internet Access
- The struggle for adequate and affordable broadband connectivity and Internet access in libraries and schools is explained in a detailed paper
- BadgerNet is the state's public-sector telecommunications network. All K-12 school districts and public libraries in the state can use BadgerNet. The cost of a BadgerNet circuit is 90% subsidized by the TEACH program.
- Each year Wisconsin schools and libraries receive about $35 million in federal E-rate discounts.Related to this, see the FAQ on CIPA (the filtering act)
- To assist libraries in filing E-rate Form 471 applications, the FY2015 enrollment and free/reduced lunch data Public Library NSLP Master 2014-2015 is online.
- In accordance with the Wis. Stat. s. 43.24(2)(m) each regional library system has to submit a technology and resource sharing plan.
For questions about this information, contact John DeBacher (608) 267-9225