About the Capital Science & Engineering Fair
The Capital Science & Engineering Fair was established to provide high school students from South Central Wisconsin the opportunity to showcase their research (grades 9-12 public, private, and home school are eligible). With its annual fair to be held on the third Saturday of February at the Madison Central Library (201 W Mifflin St., Madison, WI), the fair inspires enthusiasm for science and engineering research among Wisconsin students. It provides a support system to assist students as they actively participate in science and engineering endeavors. The 2021 Fair was held on February 20th and winners are noted below. For 2022, we hope the fair will again be able to be held in-person. Each year, submitting notice of interest is requested by Nov 15th, and registration is due Dec 15th (with some limited flexibility on those dates).
Support for how to complete the CSEF forms that connect to ISEF can be found in this video (from Karen Lindholm-Rynkiewicz in Muskego-Norway).
2021 Winners List
Grand Award Winners
- 1st Place ($200): Anna Wang, Madison West
- 2nd Place ($150): Luke Foye & Aidan Blenker, Muskeego-Norway
- 3rd Place ($100): Varun Nathan, Madison Memorial
Category Winners - Engineering & Physical Sciences
- 1st Place: Luke Foye & Aidan Blenker, Muskeego-Norway
- 2nd Place: Varun Nathan, Madison Memorial
- 3rd Place: Aryan Kalluvila, Hartford Union
Category Winners - Social & Environmental Sciences
- 1st Place ($100): Anna Wang, Madison West
- 2nd Place ($60): Noah Gover & Hudson Arney, Muskego-Norway
- 3rd Place ($50): Jamie Wright, Monona Grove
- 3rd Place ($50): Rebecca Hebert & Sean Bruch Muskego-Norway
Interested in judging? Contact: CSEF.Madison@gmail.com.
Dr. Sundaram Gunasekaran
Capital Science & Engineering Fair
460 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706