Madison Area Middle School Science and Engineering Fair
The Madison Area Science, Technology & Engineering Rising Stars (MASTERS) program was established to provide middle school students (grades 6-8) the opportunity to showcase their research and explorations in STEM subjects. Private, public, and home school students are eligible, from anywhere in the Madison region or beyond. The first two fairs have been great successes! See details below on the winners and pictures from the 2018 event. The next fair will be held in early May in Madison. The goal of the fair is to inspire enthusiasm for science and engineering research and exploration among Wisconsin students. It provides a support system to assist students as they actively participate in science and engineering endeavors.
- Registration for 2019 will be available next fall.
- Flyer for the 2018 MASTERS Science and Engineering Fair
- Interested in judging or helping out? Contact: MASTERS.ScienceFair@gmail.com.
- Judging: Students are scored by multiple judges on a simple scale: quality of display (30), depth of knowledge (40), clarity of presentation (30) - total of 100. Students are allowed up to 5 min to present to the judge followed by up to 3 min of questioning.
- Teachers are welcome to attend, but not required. Parents can sign up separately and bring their children.
- Team projects are allowed - up to 2 students.
- All students are recognized for participation, with the top three receiving awards.
Congratulations to all 2018 participants! We hope you continue pursue your science, technology, engineering, and related interests. Thanks to all parents, teachers, judges, and volunteers who helped in 2018. We look forward to your continued support!
The winners of 2018 MASTERS Science Fair are:
- 1st place: Sanjay Suresh, Kromery Middle School
- 2nd Place: Xanthe Saalman, Madison Country Day
- 3rd Place: Raghav Gopalakrishnan, Kromery Middle School
Pictures of the event are here (download all pictures from: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/uwbwhe26xtixbgffaaucddojgoszgmyr)
1st Place: Sanjay Suresh
2nd Place: Xaanthe Saalman
3rd Place: Raghav Gopalakrishnan
2018 Group Photo
Contact information for the MASTERS Program
Dr. Sundaram Gunasekaran
MASTERS Middle School Science and Engineering Fair
460 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706