Application Deadline: December 15, 2008
We recommend use of individual's name as listed on his or her most current social security card to reduce the name discrepancy warning between hiring agencies.
File Structures/Layouts for Staff and Assignment files (not available yet).
2008-09 Mandatory Changes
- File Number - Required for all staff records when assignments are in licensed positions.
- Position/Assignment Codes Deleted
-- 53-0951 Teacher, Charter School*
-- 53-0952 Teacher, Alternative Education*
-- 53-0863 Teacher, Family and Consumer Ed-Special Education
-- 53-0864 Teacher, Technology Education-Special Education
-- 53-0865 Teacher, Business Education-Special Education
-- 53-0866 Teacher, Agriculture-Special Education
-- 53-0867 Teacher, Marketing Education-Special Education
*Must report what is actually being taught by specific subject(s).
- Position/Assignment Codes New
-- 53-0349 Chinese
- Position/Assignment Code - Change in Description
-- 53-0002 Teacher, Academic Support-Teachers
- Assignment screen for teachers - New question
Is this assignment in a school board approved alternative education program? Yes or No (default will be set to No.)
2008-09 Optional Changes; Mandatory for 2009-10
We encourage districts to report the answers for the optional data fields for 2008-09, whenever possible.
- Assignment screen for teachers (regular education) - New question
Number of classes (based on district's schedule) being taught for this assignment? (Numeric field value between 1 and 10), teaching assignments for 53-0050 will be defaulted to 1.
- Assignment screen for teachers (special education) - New question
If assignment is for grades 9-12, identify number of classes taught as the primary teacher in NCLB core academic subject areas:
--Social Studies (History, Geography, Economics, Civics and Government)
--World Languages (German, French, Spanish, etc.)
--Arts (Art, Music, Dance, and Theater)
Note, in addition to indicating the number of classes taught for each teaching assignment, 2009-2010 secondary school teaching assignments will be collected based on the NCES Secondary Course Classification System. More information will follow.
Race/Ethnicity reporting structure will be changing for the 2010-2011 reporting year.
Proposed Calendar for Reporting
October - Letters containing passwords will be sent to District Administrators.
November 14, 2008 - Application will be opened.
December 15, 2008 - Data is due at DPI.
March - 1st - All final corrections for PI-1202 must be done by reporting LEAs and the collection locked.
Overview: Steps to take to complete the PI-1202.
- Review instructions and changes.
- Update/Complete District Contact Info.
- Upload or Create Staff Records (part of Upload or Create Records).
- Upload or Create Assignment Records (part of Upload or Create Records).
- Add new employee records, delete records for employees that have left, update any necessary data.
- Process Get Staff File Numbers from the PI-1202 Main Menu.
- Review errors from the four Error Reports (Reports Menu); make corrections directly in Staff & Assignment Lists or correct in local system and do another File Upload.
- Staff Assignment Errors
- Staff Conflict Errors
- Missing/Invalid Staff File Numbers
- Staff Without Assignments
- Staff Without Experience
- Validate Data (after corrections are made).
- Review the Reports Requiring Approval (Reports Menu). When you are in the specific report, and if the data is correct, select (click in) the approval box.
- Draft Administrative Salary Report
- Draft Staff Report by Position, Ethnic Group and Gender
- Schools - No Teacher Position #53 as Staff
- Lock and Submit.
Previous years for PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting pages