How to Get Involved
February is Career and Technical Education Month! The department will be celebrating the month by highlighting helpful resources on social media. Please watch DPI social media for resources and practices that celebrate the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs around Wisconsin.
Share your positive message with the DPI by filling out the Share Your Positive Education News form and your story could be highlighted in an upcoming issue of DPI-ConnectEd or on social media. Remember to like/share our posts (if you have the character space - please prioritize #WICTEMonth). Create your own social media campaign using this sample social media calendar.
Highlight your CTE Story!
Use these resources to talk about the positive work around CTE in your schools. The toolkit provides things like - logos, videos, conversation starters, and more!
- CTE Month logo
- For any print of digital outreach
- Wisconsin CTE Logo
- For use on any social media of print materials for Career and Technical Education (secondary or post secondary in Wisconsin.
- Do's and Dont's for Engaging Learners and Families Around CTE
- A simple, easy-to-use resource from Advance CTE that guides you on the top CTE messages and how to employ them.
- How to Promote CTE Locally
- Use to build grass-roots support for CTE in local communities. Find talking points to help showcase the great work happening in your schools around CTE.
- Host a school visit
- Invite members of your local community to learn about your school’s strong CTE programs firsthand.
- Engage policymakers and the media
- Encourage them to attend events and tell your CTE story, or use social media to do the same.
- Work with business and industry leaders
- Ensure they understand the role CTE plays in readying their future workforce.
- You can use this to highlight the different state-wide data available around CTE.
- Explore Career Programs at Wisconsin Technical Colleges
- Student success stories, jobs data, and more!
- "Explore Your Options" video
- Learn about students in our Wisconsin high schools and technical colleges and hear their CTE success stories.
- Learn About the Youth Apprenticeship Program Through the Department of Workforce Development
- Find out how students can get hands-on learning in an occupational area!
- Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE)
- Watch the ACTE website for special CTE Month activities
2022 CTE Month Proclamations
2022 CTE Month proclamations will be posted in January 2022. Use the template to have CTE Month proclaimed in your city, town, or school!