Certifications earned were on the approved graduating year Certifications List.
Students graduated with a regular high school diploma or a technical education high school diploma.
Funding is limited to $1000 per pupil regardless of the number certifications the student earned on the approved list.
Class of 2018 Applications
- WATCH the recorded webinar PRIOR to submitting claims for Class of 2018 graduates.
- Directions to access and use the new Class of 2018 App:
- The new online secure application requires access using a WAMS ID. Make sure to obtain a WAMS ID now so that you are ready once the new secure application.
Check the Approved 2017-18 Certifications List for documentation requirements.
- Class of 2018 Application claims are due by September 30, 2018.
Class of 2017 Applications
- DPI received 6,773 claims from 307 districts for the 2017 graduates that earned Approved Industry Recognized Credentials.
- 1,248 were determined ineligible for funding.
- 1,471 students earned more than one certificate.
- Please note that the CTE Technical Incentive grants are NOT cost reimbursement grants, therefore funds do not require claim receipts to DPI nor do they need to be expended by end of fiscal year 2018.
- Funding Breakout by District
- Breakout by Certificate
- $633.48 per eligible claim will be transferred electronically by June 29, 2018
- Source 630
- Project 577
- Appn: 232
- CFDA 255.950
New Certifications to Add
New certifications can be added each year by request of a school district administrator or high school principal. See DWD's website for more information and to obtain an application.
New certification questions can be sent to:
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Division of Employment and Training