School Districts can claim funds annually based on the number of students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Certifications earned were on the approved graduating year Certifications List.
- Students graduated with a regular high school diploma or a technical education high school diploma.
- Funding is limited to $1000 per pupil regardless of the number certifications the student earned on the approved list.
Class of 2021 Applications
- The Class of 2021 grant claims application will be open on Monday, May 24, through the DPI WISEsecure Home access.
- Verify certificate eligibility with the Class of 2021 Approved Certifications List.
- Certifications are organized by category: Youth Apprenticeship (YA), DPI State Co-Op, Business and Industry, Wisconsin Technical College, Pre-Apprenticeship (not YA).
- Note the documentation required in the last column.
- To learn more, watch this instructional webinar.
- Follow the directions to enter Class of 2021 claims.
- Student Award Money
- Students completing an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Firefighter 1, Firefighter 2, or Firefighter Inspector certificate will receive $500 for EACH according to Wis. State Stats. §106.273.
- Obtain a student address for the next calendar year in order to enter the claim
- Provide these forms and directions to eligible students
Class of 2020 Grants
- DWD/DPI received a total of 9,475 claims from 335 school districts. 8,149 claims were eligible, resulting in a prorated allocation of $797.64 per student out of a total of $6.5 million available.
- In addition, 82 students will receive $500 for each EMT, EMR, and/or Firefighter certification earned.
- Class of 2020 grant funds will be transferred electronically prior to June 30, 2021. Please note that these CTE Incentive Grants are not considered cost reimbursement grants; therefore, funds do not need to be spent by the end of fiscal year 2021, nor do claims need to be made to DPI for spending.
- Summary by district
- Summary by all certifications earned
Questions regarding the Technical Incentive Grant contact:
DWD Office of Special Initiatives
Technical Incentive Grant email
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Division of Employment and Training
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Incentive Grants Program