Here is a list of industry reports and resources highlighting occupational projections and emerging trends that indicate the jobs and skills employers will be looking for in the future. Many of these articles relate to the impacts of COVID-19 on various industries.
- LinkedIn Workforce Report December 2020: A monthly report on employment trends in the U.S. workforce, this report is divided into two sections: a National section that provides insights into hiring, skills gaps, and migration trends across the country, and a City section that provides insights into localized employment trends in 20 of the largest U.S. metro areas.
- How COVID-19 Will Change the Future of Work
- COVID-19 and Jobs: Monitoring the US Impact on People and Places
- The Future of Jobs and Education: We are seeing a massive transformation taking place in the job market and in the field of education. Digitization and automation are challenging many traditional jobs as well as ways we learn. Here, we explore what that means in a conversation with Coursera CEO Jeff Maggioncalda.
Agriculture and Natural Resources
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic Has Dramatically Impacted Agriculture and the Way We Eat
- Hiring and Employment Trends in Ag
- Employment Opportunities for College Graduates in Food, Agriculture, Renewable Natural Resources, and the Environment United States, 2010-2015
Business and Information Technology
- Wisconsin Futuring Panel Report - Wisconsin business executives' perspectives on key trends shaping workforce development needs in the Wisconsin business environment, and skill sets needed to address those trends.
- Top 9 New Technology Trends for 2021
- Understanding COVID-19’s Impact on the Technology Sector
- How the Coronavirus Is Already Rewriting the Future of Business
- Positioning MBA Programs - Key facts related to business occupations
Family and Consumer Science
- Top 10 Trends Impacting the Hospitality Industry
- How Technology will Reshape the Hotel Industry Post COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wisconsin Restaurant Industry At a Glance
- COVID-19 Era Serves Up Big Changes for U.S. Restaurants
- What Will the Retail Experience of the Future Look Like?
- How COVIE-19 Has Changed the Outlook for Jobs in the Creative Industry
- Life After COVID-19: How Interior Design Will Change
- Ten Big Ideas in Education 2020
- Health Care Grads Earning Higher Degrees, But Worker Shortages Remain
- Health Jobs of Tomorrow: Predicted Healthcare Trends
- Wisconsin 2019 Health Care Workforce Report
- 2018 RN Workforce Survey from the Wisconsin Center for Nursing
- Wisconsin Registered Nursing Supply and Demand Forecasts
- The Day After: Implications, Payers, Biotechs, and More
- Evolving Healthcare Landscape
- Five Healthcare Industry Changes to Watch in 2020
- 20 Medical Technology Advances: Medicine In the Future – Part I
- 20 Medical Technology Advances: Medicine in the Future – Part II
- Reimagining Marketing in the Next Normal
- 2020: The Year in Sports When Everybody Lost
- How COVID-19 Will Have a Lasting Impact on Marketing
- Wisconsin Futuring Panel Report - Wisconsin business executives perspectives on key trends shaping workforce development needs in the Wisconsin business environment, and skill sets needed to address those trends.
- The Key Trends That Will Impact Marketers in 2020
- Positioning MBA Programs - key facts related to business occupations
Technology and Engineering
- 2020 Workforce Survey Analysis: Building and Construction Trades
- COVID-19’s Impact on the Engineering & Construction Sector
- 7 Major Trends That Will Impact the Construction Industry
- The Future of Work in Manufacturing: What Will Jobs Look Like in the Digital Era?
- The Future Factory: Mapping the Skills that Will Power Manufacturing
- Teaching the Industrial Internet of Things: Preparing Students and Learners for Industry