Exhibit Instructions – Annual Public Notification (Guidelines IV-O)
All items from this exhibit will be retained by DPI Review Team. If any items are not available, provide a printed statement to that effect.
Purpose of this exhibit
The items in this exhibit will be used to see how well the district is meeting federal nondiscrimination requirements in its official policies and procedures. The materials will be reviewed to ensure all protected populations are included in district nondiscrimination policies and procedures, to ensure the language is appropriate and correct, and to ensure effective guidance is being provided to administrators charged with enforcing the policies and procedures.
The following brochure provides general information and guidance from the US Department of Education on the various federal nondiscrimination laws and the related notification requirements:
Items needing to be provided
You need to provide copies of all district policies, rules, exhibits, guidelines, and procedures that address student and employment nondiscrimination, equity, special needs, and/or diversity. These items would typically be found in the district policy handbook as well as administrative procedure handbooks.
Here are some sample materials that meet the CRC requirements:
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Student Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- EEO Policy with Complaint Procedure
- Complaint Record Maintenance Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy with Complaint Procedures
- Public Nondiscrimination Notice
- ELL Programs & Testing Policy and Rule
- Workplace Accommodations Brochure
- Workplace Harassment Policy