What to expect
As a selected district for an onsite compliance review, it is the district's responsibility to compile necessary resources and organize the schedule and location of the onsite review team's work. The following documents will be helpful as you begin preparing for this important visit.
The district primary lead contact should begin with bringing a team of district staff together around building the exhibit compilation for the Civil Rights Compliance (CRC) visit. The following documents will assist in providing details for each exhibit required. For best results and ease of use, provide each exhibit in its own file folder (as appropriate).
- Time/Schedule Requirements for CRC (Outlines structure of visit; submit to DPI one week prior to visit)
- Exhibits List
- Exhibits Checklist (for local district use only)
- Exhibit Labels (Avery 5160 style labels or reformat to fit label size of choice)
- Sample of High School Facilities Map
- Sample of Middle School Facilities Map
- Onsite Template Workbook (may be used to assist in providing necessary information for the following exhibits: A15, C7, D5, E1, E2, G1, G4, J2, J3)
The district is responsible for providing a schedule of interviews, exhibit review times, and tour options. This should be provided at least one week prior to the visit.
A corrective action plan to address any deficiencies is required to be submitted and approved by WDPI prior to ANY corrective actions taking place within the district. The following documents will provide necessary organization for the development of the action plan and submitting corrective documentation.