This site provides districts with information and changes regarding the PI-1202 Fall Staff Report application. Members who will be interested in this site include district IT staff, software vendors, business manager/department, human resource director/department, staff responsible for completing the PI-1202, and district administrators.
Application Users Login Here:
2011-2012 Position/Assignment Table (revised 9/15/2011)
2011-2012 Staff and Assignment File Structures for Uploads (revised 9/15/2011)
The Proposed 2011-2012 timeline for districts to report is as follows:
|October 21st||Letters containing passwords will be sent to District Administrators or 2 weeks prior to the collection opening.
|November 4th||Fall Staff Report Application will be opened.|
|December 15th||DPI will start running audits on districts where the PI-1202 has been locked and submitted.
Once audits are complete, if needed, districts can make corrections based upon audit results.
|December 16th||Reporting deadline and closing of the Fall Staff Report or 6 weeks after collection opens.|
|March 1st||All final corrections must be done and the collection locked.|
|March 31st||Staff data reports will be published on the DPI web site.|
|May 31st||DPI's due date to report information to the U.S. Dept of Education.|
|First week in July||Final audits to determine highly qualified teacher status are run at the end of the school year.|
Changes for the 2011-2012 School Year
Starting with the 2011-2012 school year, the long term substitute question : "Is this assignment being performed by a long term substitute?" will be asked as an optional field for most positions with assignment type of codes of:
- 0 (Professional - Special Education) or
- 1 (Professional - Regular Education)
- with the exception of 53-0970 (Teacher/Intern)
Y-Yes, N-No or blank will be acceptable values.
A "Yes" or "No" answer will be required for the following positions (no change from the 2010-2011 collection):
- Required when position is 53 (except if assignment is 0970-Intern).
- Required for position/assignment combinations 54/0000, 62/0884, 84/0000 or 85/0000.
If you are aware of a staff member who is a long term substitute, please update the record accordingly if time permits.
**Note: Starting with the 2012-2013 school year, all positions with assignment type of codes of: 0 (Professional - Special Education) or 1 (Professional - Regular Education) with the exception of 53-0970 (Teacher/Intern) will be required to answer this question Yes or No.
- Contract Salary and Contract Fringe maximum limits have been increased. Contact Salary will now allow values less than or equal to $300,000. Contract Fringe Benefits will now allow values less than or equal to $110,000.
- All NCLB data elements will now accept a zero value for the number of classes. See the Number of Classes & NCLB guidance, for more information.
Position/Assignment Code Changes
- There are no new codes for the 2011-2012 school year.
- 53-0940 Teacher/Academic Support - Non-Special Education pupils has been changed to allow staff reporting at both the district level and school level.
- 53-0043 Teacher / Perm Substitute
- 98-0980 Other Support Staff / Parent Education
- 98-0990 Other Support Staff / No area description
- 51-0003 Principal / Mentor - In the future, LEAs should report the entire assignment as 51-0000. (New 09-15-2011)
- 54-0003 Guidance Counselor / Mentor - In the future, LEAs should report the entire assignment as 54-0000. (New 09-15-2011)
Staff and Assignment Upload File Changes
- The seven digit File Number field has been corrected by reducing the length to six digits. A one space Filler field has been added after the File Number field.
- The Contracted Assignment and Contracted Agency data elements have been combined. The new question, "Is this assignment being performed by a subcontracted individual?" will be asked for all position/assignment combinations with the exception of staff with an assignment type code of 2 (Short-Term Substitute/Extra Curricular Activities) (revised 09-15-2011). The Contracted Agency field name has been change to: "Subcontracted individual through a contracted agency." The old Contracted Assignment field has been changed to Filler.
Guidance Tips and Recommendations
- Who should be reported? Decision Tree Diagram
Grade Level guidance
Number of Classes & NCLB guidance
Working School Number guidance
- Teachers with assignments for grades 7 and 8 cannot be reported as 53-0050, Teacher-Elementary All Subjects. You must report the specific subject(s) taught. Example: 53-0400, grades 07-08 (mathematics) 50% FTE, 53-0300, grade 08 (English) 50% FTE.
- We recommend use of individual's name as listed on their most current social security card to reduce the name discrepancy warnings between agencies.
Links to previous years of the PI-1202 Fall Staff Report
2010-2011 PI 1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2009-2010 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2008-2009 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2007-2008 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2006-2007 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2005-2006 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2004-2005 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
2003-2004 PI-1202 Fall Staff Reporting Page
Links to Related Web Sites
For Assistance Contact us at:
Phone: (608) 267-3166
Online: Online Help desk Application