State Reporting Processes Using WISEdata
- Beginning in 2016-17 all student enrollments must be for a single school year.
- All students will be exited from WISEdata at the end of each school year.
- Continuing students will have one enrollment period for each school year in a given school.
- Most individual student state reporting will be done through WISEdata Ed-Fi API (application programming interface). District staff will not interact directly with the API. Contact your SIS vendor now to learn about training and information resources for the WISEdata integration with their product.
- Stay current with WISEdata progress by joining the WISEdata Google Plus Community. You can also join the weekly DPI WISEid/WISEdata and WISEstaff User Group web meetings. This is a great resource to get update statuses on the system deployment, ask questions and view demonstrations of new product features.
State Reporting Changes for Individual Student Data
- The Wisconsin Student Numbering System (WSLS) and the suite of Individual Student Enrollment System (ISES) applications, including 3rd Friday of September, Child Count, Coursework Completion, Discipline, and Year End was phased out beginning July 2016 and fully decommissioned in December 2016.
- WISEid replaced the process in WSLS which assigns unique, permanent, unduplicated student identifiers.
- WISEdata functions as a data collection pipeline from your Student Information System (SIS) vendor to DPI. Data will be maintained and corrected in only one location, your SIS, and will be pushed by your vendor, never pulled by DPI.
Summer 2016 Transitions
- The Wisconsin Student Numbering System (WSLS) was used through the end of the summer 2016 for student updates associated with the 2015-16 school year.
- All students were exited from WSLS prior to the end of August 2016.
- For most students this was the last day the child sat in a seat or recorded attendance. We recommended dates on or before 6/30/2016.
- Students graduating in July and August 2016 must have had an exit date on or before 8/31/2016.
- WSLS was replaced by WISEid.
- It was available to Public Schools July 11th. DPI recommended that Pilot schools and large districts begin loading only local student person keys.
- With the September 2016 Release districts began loading new students to request new WISEids. All current students with WSNs were sent as an initial load to WISEid, such that the ‘Local Person ID' and 'Local Person ID Type’ from your local SIS were associated with the student.
- Both WISEid and WSLS ran concurrently in the fall of 2016.
- WSLS was used only to correct errors in enrollment and demographics specific to the 2015-16 school year.
- WISEid was and will be used for all students for 2016-17 and beyond.
- Individual Student Enrollment System (ISES) for Coursework Completion, Year End, and Discipline were due much earlier this year.
- All coursework and completion data was submitted, validated, and locked at the district level by July 14, 2016.
- All 2015-16 Year End and Discipline data was submitted prior to September 1, 2016.