Performance Base Conversion Type: Roster/Career Education
Performance Base Conversion Type describes the assessment of the student's performance, such as pass, fail, or incomplete. This data field is required for students in grade levels 9-12 and enrolled in Roster, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and College and Career Ready (CCR) courses.
USES: Performance Base Conversion Type converts grades into a pass, fail, or incomplete delineation as part of the tracking of Career and Technical Education (CTE) and College and Career Ready (CCR) program and Roster courses.
FAQs, Details, and Points to Note
- Career Education FAQs & Use Cases: For more specific information and scenarios, see the Career Education FAQs & Use Cases page.
- Roster FAQs: For more specific information and scenarios, see the Roster page.
- Pass Definition: The student's coursework recorded for this course or program was assigned a passing completion status. A final grade/mark of Pass may be awarded as well as the corresponding number of course credits for successful completion.
- For relevant grade levels, the final grade earned for this course will affect the student’s GPA and results in course credits.
- Fail Definition: The student's coursework recorded for this course or program was assigned a failing completion status. Due to a failing completion status, no course credits will be awarded, and a Fail value may be assigned for a final grade/mark.
- For relevant grade levels, the final grade earned for this course will affect the student’s GPA, and course credits will not be awarded. This category includes courses which were not completed but for which local policy dictates that a failing grade is earned by the student.
- Not Completed Definition: The student's coursework was not completed within the specified term, so this course is ineligible to be assigned a final grade or credits earned.
- Not Graded Definition: Coursework for which no grade (including pass/fail) may be earned.
- GEAR UP Schools: For 2018-19 Final Grade/mark earned is only required for grade levels 9-12. However, for GEAR UP schools, if you are able to and wish to send in Final Grades/marks for students in grade levels 6-8 as well, we will accept the data. If GEAR UP schools are not able to send Final Grade/mark data for middle school students, DPI staff will contact you to collect it manually as in the past.
- WISEdash for Districts: On the WISEdash for Districts Career Education and Coursework dashboards, this data is viewable when the "Passing Status" filter can be applied to the Advanced Credit Opportunities Outcome Count and the Arts Participation dynamic crosstabs.
If you need further assistance, please submit a Help Ticket.
To provide feedback, click the "Submit Feedback About This Webpage" button below.