WISEdash Attendance Dashboards
WISEdash is an effective tool for attendance trend analysis and comparison across multiple demographic factors. WISEdash provides three dashboards to view attendance data: Attendance Rate by Subgroup, Attendance Rate - All Subgroups, and Average Daily Attendance/Membership. A separate dashboard displays dropout data: Dropout Rate by Subgroup.
Additional Dashboard Notes
- Attendance rate trend charts provide a comparison of the attendance rates for each year for the most recent 5 years. The rate for the current year on these charts is an incomplete picture until the school year has completed and all attendance data has been reported. This may not occur until after the current school year has rolled over to the next year on July 1.
- WISEdash is a view of history based on the latest available facts, subject to change as data corrections are identified and applied. Historical attendance rates in WISEdash may not exactly match previously publicly reported rates.
- Student attributes (race/ethnicity, grade level, disability status, etc.) are reported or filtered based on values reported for the latest available enrollment segment for each school year. As more data is collected throughout the current school year, the most recent values may differ resulting in a change in the “current” values.
- Some charts may include a value labeled “Unknown”. These can appear for a number of reasons, but most often arise when grouping results by a factor that does not have a recently available source for some students.
For definitions related to attendance, see Definitions.
- Summary attendance dashboards contain attendance information going back as far as 2005-06 up through the current year. During the first two months of a new school year (July and August), no attendance data has been reported because most schools are closed for summer break. Therefore, attendance rates for the current school year will remain at 0% until your district begins to report current year attendance.
- Each district reports annually on the district’s total number of days of instruction for the previous school year. The total number of days of instruction provides the denominator for the Average Daily Attendance and the Average Daily Membership. Therefore, the chart on the Average Daily Attendance/Membership dashboard does not include the current school year.
- Dropout data is generally reported late in the school year, so the latest available dropout data is for the prior year.
- Beginning with the 2016-17 school year, data began flowing nightly into the data warehouse from your student information system via WISEdata. Note that any data with errors have the potential to impact the data you see in the dashboards.
- Between 2005-06 and 2015-16, data was sourced from the Individual Student Enrollment System – Year End Collections (ISES YE).
- In 2015-16, the disability code CD - Cognitive Disability changed to ID - Intellectual Disability. The change was applied retroactively in the dashboard.
- In 2019-20, Because of the pandemic reporting, the School Financial Services (SFS) team decided that the typical average daily attendance and average daily membership should not be used or published for the 2019-2020 school year. A different calculation was used for the federal reporting of that information in 2019-2020. In addition, a Statewide Data Disclaimer for 2019-20 Attendance Data was created to accompany the data publication.