About the Data
The Digital Equity Dashboard provides access to voluntary responses from families regarding questions on access to digital devices and the internet in their homes. The Student Responses indicator provides a count of students for whom at least one of the digital equity questions for the most recent school has a submitted value. The metrics cover the following questions.
- Can the student access the internet on their primary learning device at home? Internet Access in Residence
- What is the primary type of internet service used at the residence? Internet Access Type in Residence
- Can the student stream a video on their primary learning device without interruption? Internet Performance
- What device does the student most often use to complete school work at home? Digital Device
- Is the primary learning device a personal device or school-provided? Is the primary learning device shared with anyone else in the household? Device Access
All data come from WISEdata. Digital Equity data was collected beginning in 2020-21.
How the Data are Reported in WISEdash
Digital Equity data is provided voluntarily. These data elements are not required. The Digital Equity data may be submitted for each school in which the student was enrolled during the school year.
A student is included in the metrics for the school of most recent enrollment and is only included if the student is currently enrolled in a given district.
Additional Dashboard Notes
- Some charts may include a value labeled “Unknown”. The unknown can appear when the question response is not available.
- To review the group of students for which responses have been received drill into the Student Responses tile.
- Student attributes (race/ethnicity, grade level, disability status, etc.) are reported or filtered based on values reported for the latest available enrollment segment for each school year. As more data is collected throughout the current school year, the most recent values may differ resulting in a change in the “current” values.
For response categories related to the Digital Equity questions, see Definitions.