Click the links below to navigate to different sections of this page:
DATA ABOUT STUDENTS
Data about student attainment of academic standards can be used to focus school community efforts on important knowledge and skills that might otherwise go unlearned.
- Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examinations (WKCE) and Alternate Assessments
- Wisconsin Reading Comprehension Test Results (WRCT) - These data are available on the WISEdash Data Files page. Select WINSS Historical Data Files for Download Type and open the zip file for any year between 1993-94 and 2004-05 to view all WINSS download files for data topics available for that year including WRCT.
- Alternate Assessments for certain English language learners and students with disabilities
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
Attendance and Behavior
Students who attend school regularly, who feel safe and valued and make others feel safe and valued, and who choose challenging coursework and activities, are more likely to succeed in school and become caring, responsible, and productive citizens.
- Continuous School Improvement: Resources and Supports for Continuous Improvement (Needs Assessment and Improvement Planning section)
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey
The number and characteristics of students enrolled in each school community vary greatly across the state. The long term goal for all students is to graduate, college and career ready. To meet this goal, different strategies may be needed that reflect student characteristics, experiences, and cultural differences.
- Public School Enrollment
- Private School Choice Program Enrollments
- Census of Students with Limited English Proficiency
- Homeless Student Data Reports
- Student Eligibility for and Participation in Free/Reduced-Price Meals on our Food and Nutrition Program Statistics page.
- October 1 Special Education Student Counts
- Public School Open Enrollment
DATA ABOUT SCHOOLS: STAFF, PROGRAMS, FINANCE
The right school programs, and adequate effective staff and financing to support these programs, are key ingredients of student success.
- Search for Public Districts, Public Schools, or Private Schools (includes search tools, access to lists of districts/schools, and general district/school information)
- Mailing Label Files (includes district and school names, addresses, primary contacts, grade ranges, counties, and more)
- School Staff: Salary, Position & Demographic Reports
- Educator License Lookup
- DPI Directories (includes links to DPI and CESA staff directories and more)
- School Staff Files (includes names, school addresses, and related information about schools and staff)
- Continuous School Improvement
- Leading Forward: WI Education Workforce Initiative
- National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT): About NBCT Standards, Directory Search
Programs (including courses and other offerings)
- Selected Public School Program Data (e.g. kindergarten, high school block schedules)
- Food and Nutrition Program Statistics
- Published Public School Calendars
- School and Library Broadband Access in Wisconsin, 2012
- Wisconsin Union High School (UHS) System (and affiliated elementary districts)
- Basic Facts About Wisconsin Elementary and Secondary Schools (financial and other information about Wisconsin's school districts)
- School Finance Data Warehouse Home
- Comparative Cost Per Member and Comparative Revenue Per Member
- Revenues and Expenditures for Public School Districts, 2010-11 (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Education Finance Statistics 1989-90 through 2001-02 - District Search (Source: US Dept of Education)
PERFORMANCE REPORTS AND PROFILES
Each report/profile/snapshot linked below covers a wide range of topics focusing on individual schools, districts, and/or states.
- District and School Report Cards
- Perkins V Accountability Reports
- Basic Facts About Wisconsin Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Wisconsin Public Schools at a Glance
- Wisconsin Schools of Recognition
Publications by National and Other Organizations
- Wisconsin State Snapshot (Source: US Dept of Education)
- An Overview of NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) English version Spanish version
- Schools and Staffing Survey at private, public schools about teachers, principals, librarians (Source: NCES)
- International Data Explorer (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Data Quality Campaign - State Progress (Source: Data Quality Campaign)
- Program for International School Assessment (PISA) 2012 report
DATA ABOUT PRIVATE SCHOOLS, CHARTER SCHOOLS, SPECIAL SCHOOLS
Almost all statewide summaries linked from this page provide data for all public schools (including charter schools) in school districts and all non-district charter schools.
- Charter Schools in Wisconsin
- Virtual Charter Schools: An Evaluation - Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau
Schools of the Departments of Corrections and Health Services
Note: Nearly all reporting requirements in state and federal law apply to public schools (including charter schools) in school districts and non-district charter schools. A more limited set of requirements apply to schools at the Department of Corrections and Department of Health Services. Since data from multiple collections from multiple types of schools subject to different requirements are often combined to produce statewide summaries, data for this latter set of schools are often excluded from statewide summaries to avoid misleading or inaccurate statistics. Inclusions/exclusions are documented on relevant web pages.
- Public School District Data - Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Public School District Data - Wisconsin Department of Health Services (Source: US Dept of Education)
Nearly all data reporting requirements in state and federal law apply to public schools. A few requirements apply to private schools. Available private school data are provided below.
- Data about All Wisconsin Private Schools
- Private School Search
- Private School Information
- Private School Enrollment
- Non-Public (Private) School Graduates
- Characteristics of Private Schools in the United States: Results from the 2011-12 Private School Universe Survey (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Private School Universe Survey (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Parental Private School Choice Program
- Statewide Parental Private School Choice Program
- State Test Results for the Parental Private School Choice Program
- Parental Private School Choice Programs: Home Page
- Home-Based Private Education: Home Page, Enrollment Statistics