Importance of Test Security
The primary goal of test security is to protect the integrity of the examination and to assure that results are accurate and meaningful. All summative test items and test materials are secure and must be appropriately handled. Secure handling protects the integrity, validity, and confidentiality of assessment items, prompts, and student information. Any deviation in test administration must be reported as a test security incident to ensure the validity of the assessment results.
Who is Responsible for Test Security?
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) staff;
- District Administrators (DA);
- District Assessment Coordinators (DACs);
- School Assessment Coordinators (SACs);
- Students, parents, and the community at large;
- Certified and non-certified school staff; and
- Cooperative Educational Service Agency (CESA) staff.
This document represents the expected professional conduct of educators who administer OSA assessments in order to ensure proper assessment and academic integrity. It is intended to be used by districts and schools in the fair and appropriate administration of the state assessments. State assessments are an important and required tool used to monitor state, district, school, and student achievement. For these assessments to yield fair and accurate results, they must be given under standardized conditions to all students.
WIDA ACCESS for ELLs Confidentially Forms
The DAC, SAC, DTC, STC, TA, District and school staff forms are available as hard copy forms. Any district/school staff who have access to the test or reports (providing accommodations, setting up tests etc.) must sign hard copy confidentiality forms and submit the form to their DAC /SAC. The DAC only must send their signed form to DPI at email@example.com, all other forms should be retained at the local level. CESA staff who have access to any testing materials or data must also complete a confidentiality form.
- DAC Confidentiality Agreement
- SAC Confidentiality Agreement
- DTC Confidentiality Agreement
- STC Confidentiality Agreement
- TA/Proctor Confidentiality Agreement
- District/School Staff Confidentiality Agreement