Forward Exam Social Studies Standard Setting
DPI is recruiting Wisconsin educators to establish cut scores for the Wisconsin Forward Exam in Social Studies. The cut scores separate students into four achievement levels (Below Basic, Basic, Proficient, and Advanced), which provide clear indicators of students’ levels of mastery of the Wisconsin Academic Standards and indicate their progression toward college and career readiness. The standard setting will focus on achievement standards for Social Studies in grades 4, 8, and 10. 15 applicants will be selected for each of the grade levels for a total of 45 educators. We are looking for a diverse group of educators from all over Wisconsin (including English learner (EL) and special education teachers).
Standard Setting is an important step in the development of the Forward Exam. This is a great opportunity to be a part of assessment development, have detailed input on the Forward Exam, and take knowledge back to your district about the process. Deadline to apply is April 14, 2022.
- Standard Setting will be a virtual meeting (no travel required) held May 24-26.
- Applicants must have a private space in which to participate while maintaining test security and confidentiality.
- Applicants must be available to participate in all three days from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.
- Selected applicants must participate in a 15 minute group “system check” which will be scheduled prior to the Standard Setting.
- Selected applicants will be required to sign a Security and Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to participation.
- Districts will be reimbursed for substitute teacher costs
- Laptop or desktop device with microphone and video capabilities (tablets or smartphones are not acceptable for participation in Standard Setting).
- A Google Chrome browser on your device.
- A strong and reliable internet connection.
How to Apply
Two step application process:
1. Complete Social Studies Standard Setting Participation Application, and
2. Submit resume to email@example.com
Applications submitted without a resume submission will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for participation in the Standard Setting. Deadline to apply is April 14, 2022.