- This license must be requested by the employing school board and is valid for 1 year.
- The applicant must have been admitted to an approved program for a license for the administrative position.
- Applicants must hold or be eligible to hold a Wisconsin teaching or pupil services license (except for school business administrator and program coordinator)
- Applicants must have six semesters of teaching experience or six semesters experience as a school psychologist, counselor, or social worker that includes at least 540 hours of successful classroom teaching experience.
- Applicants who apply for a superintendent position must have a master’s degree or equivalent.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- New PI-1622-Admin One-Year Admin School Board Request form
- Signed and updated, approved program plan from an educator preparation program that confirms the anticipated completion date. The plan must also be approved by the employing school board.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status webpage.
This license may be renewed/extended one time for a total of two years.