School Board-requested 1-Year Administrator License
One-Year License with Stipulations (LWS1)
The LWS1, first made available on June 1, 2017, replaces the emergency license and emergency permit. Since August 1, 2018, there are several pathways and criteria that could result in our office issuing a LWS1.
Candidates who may be initially eligible for the LWS1 include:
- Out-of-State program: Teachers or pupil services staff prepared in another state who have not met Wisconsin testing requirements OR
- WI approved program: Teachers with a bachelor’s degree who have completed all coursework in a WI approved program, but who have not met all WI approved program requirements OR
- School district need: Individuals with a bachelor’s degree hired when a district cannot find a fully licensed educator OR
- Pupil Services: School counselors, School social workers, School psychologists or School nurses who hold a master’s degree or are enrolled in an approved preparation program that lead to the license for their position OR
- Speech and Language Pathologist: Speech and Language Pathologists with a master’s degree who hold a valid license from the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS). Apply for Speech and Language Pathologist found Application Directions for One-Year License with Stipulations for Speech and Language Pathology.
NOTE: Some of the applications on this page have two parts to them. After submitting the first part, wait for an email from the ELO system with directions for completing the second part. It can take 2-8 weeks to receive this notification. Payment is made when the second part of the application is submitted.
If you have a license with statutory stipulations (Minority Group Relations, Conflict Resolution, Environmental Education, etc.) please see the Statutory License Stipulations webpage for information on addressing your stipulations.