- Bachelor's degree, or
- Master's, Education Specialist, or Doctorate degree,
- Seeking licensure as a: School Social Worker, School Psychologist, School Counselor, School Nurse
People who fit this pathway profile are returning to a college/university to pursue a career as a pupil services professional. Candidates seeking a school social worker or school counselor license are required to complete a master's degree. Candidates seeking a school psychologist license are required to complete an education specialist or doctorate degree. Candidates must complete the approved pupil services preparation program specific to the license they are seeking at a Wisconsin college/university. Upon completion, the Wisconsin college/university will endorse the candidate for Wisconsin license.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DECIDE what pupil services licensure you are interested in.
- IDENTIFY the Wisconsin college/university approved to prepare pupil services professionals for the Wisconsin license you are seeking using the Find a Preparation Program page.
- CONTACT the college/university directly to learn about their programs and enrollment. See Contact Information for Approved Educator Preparation Programs.
- COMPLETE the degree requirements.
- COMPLETE all the requirements of the approved pupil services licensure program.
- APPLY for a Wisconsin Initial Educator License using the ELO System.
If you completed a Pupil Services program outside Wisconsin, use the Out-of-State pathway.