This application is for educators who are applying for a new pupil services license they have never held before, earned by completing an out-of-state Educator Preparation Program (EPP). It should be used by educators who are:
- applying for their first pupil services license; OR
- adding on a new position to an existing pupil services license; OR
- pupil services professionals from another state who have not met Wisconsin testing requirements
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended, including any credits that have been transferred from one institution to another
- A minimum of a master’s degree or the equivalent is required for School Counselor and School Social Worker licenses. School Psychologist license requires a specialist degree or equivalent.
- PI-1612-P Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form(s)
- Test score report(s) from the state in which you completed your license program and test score report(s) for all required Wisconsin tests.
- PI-1613 Employment Verification form(s) (if you have previous K-12 experience)
- Use one employment verification form for each district at which you worked.
- Please scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
- Within ELO, make sure you have answered the three onboarding questions.
- Find the APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE section of the Quick Start Menu. Select the same choices in the drop-down menu in the application screenshot below:
- Choose "3-Pupil Services Category"
- Choose "A-Pupil Services [P001]"
- Choose "Pupil Services: Request Initial Educator 5 year - Out of State Program "
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.