Teacher Interns in the Wisconsin Improvement Program (WIP)
Be prepared BEFORE you login …
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
- Use the fingerprint decision tree to determine if this step is needed. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint by following the Electronic Fingerprint Submission directions.
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- Obtain the Internship Request Number from your Wisconsin Educator Preparation Program so you can enter it during the application process.
- Identify the Local Education Agency (school district) who will be hosting your internship.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
- Within ELO, make sure you have answered the three onboarding questions.
- When you get to the Quick Start home page, choose the options below and click Go to start your application:
For complete information about the Wisconsin Improvement Program, please see Wisconsin Improvement Program Teacher Internship