- Completed an apprenticeship program and three additional years of occupational experience in a particular trade area; or
- Completed four years of institutional training in a trade area; or
- Certified by the technical college system board to teach an industrial arts or similar subject
- Seeking to fill a school district need in a specific trade area
This pathway is referred to as the Trade Specialist Permit pathway because it is limited to an applicant with significant training and experience in a specific trade area. The permit holder is limited to teaching only this specific trade to meet a district's needs. This process is for a permit only and does not lead to a degree or license.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DETERMINE your eligibility and follow the steps in Trade Specialist Permit Pathway Requirements
- APPLY for a Wisconsin Permit using the Educator Licensing Online (ELO) System.