This application is for educators who:
- Hold a current speech and language pathology license with the Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS);
- Are not yet eligible to hold a DPI Tier II-Provisional school speech and language pathology license;
- Want to work as a speech and language pathologist in a Wisconsin public school
How to Apply for a One-Year License with Stipulations for Speech and Language Pathology
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct
- A copy of your current DSPS Speech and Language Pathology license
- Transcripts confirming a masters degree
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "A-Teacher 9including 5-Year Sub) [T001]
- Choose "Teacher: Request Wisconsin School 1 Year License with Stipulations - Speech and Language Pathology "
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.
Speech and Language Pathologist: Continue to apply for the LWS1 with the valid DSPS license for a maximum of three LWS1’s. To be considered for a Tier II-Provisional License, the speech and language pathologist must either obtain the endorsement from an approved school speech and language pathologist program or meet the requirements under Wis. Chapter PI 34.047(4).