Directions for Professional Teaching Permit applicants
- Review the Professional Teaching Permit Pathway information to make sure that you qualify for this pathway.
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
- Use the fingerprint decision tree to determine if this step is needed. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint by following the Electronic Fingerprint Submission directions.
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- Transcripts documenting your bachelor's degree
- PI-1613 Work Experience Verification form
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Within ELO, make sure you have answered the three onboarding questions.
- Find the Start a New Transaction for New License section of the Quick Start Menu. Select the same choices in the three drop-downs in the application screenshot below:
Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "H-Teacher - Professional Teaching Permit [T930]"
- choose "Teacher: Request 2 year Professional Teaching Permit [1015, 1 of 2]"
*Please note that there are two transactions for this application. The first transaction is used to gather pertinent data and must be approved by DPI before you can complete the second transaction. There may be a time-lag between your submission of the first transaction and DPI’s notification to you that you may move to the second transaction. You will pay your fee in the second transaction.
Click the “GO!” button.
Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
- Click the GO! button next to “Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application.”
- Review your fees.
- Complete the Conduct and Competency Questionnaire (14 questions).
- Pay with a credit card or pre-paid card. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.