This application is for educators who are applying for a new Driver’s Education teaching license they have never held before, earned by completing a Wisconsin Educator Preparation Program (EPP). The Driver’s Education license is a supplementary teaching license, meaning you must already hold a teaching license to be eligible to obtain the Driver’s Education teaching license.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "N-Teacher - Driver Education License [T021]"
- Choose "Driver Education: Request Initial Educator License - In-State WI Program ]1020]"
Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.