IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for educators who completed a Wisconsin Eductor Preparation Program for their first teaching license or a new subject.
*Note: If you completed your Wisconsin preparation program before 9/1/2004, follow the directions for an uncommon request.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "A-Teacher (including 5-Year Sub) [T001}"
- Choose "Teacher: Request New Educator License - In State WI Program "
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
NOTE: Anyone who is applying for (or already holds) a Career & Tech Ed (CTE) license in Business Education, Family and Consumer Education, or Technology Education who wants to ALSO add on a CTE vocational license (e.g., Business & Office, Food Services, Construction) must submit the T001-1021 (Request Vocational License 5 year) transaction before going to the ELO Cart to pay.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.