Information for Wisconsin school districts, charter schools, and Cooperative Educational Service Agencies (CESAs)
Licenses that Require Requests from Districts
- Special Education Program Aide – License information for special education program aide.
- Three-Year Substitute Permit – License information for short-term substitute teachers who did not complete an approved educator preparation program.
- One-Year Administrator License – License information for administrators who are hired before completing a state-approved educator preparation program in administration.
- License with Stipulations – License information for teachers and pupil services professionals who are assigned to work outside their licensure areas, or teachers and pupil services professionals who are hired before completing a state-approved educator preparation program.
- Charter School Instructional Staff License – License information for teachers who are teaching at charter schools.
- Annual School Audits – Information about the annual audit conducted by the DPI to ensure that all professional staff in public PK-12 schools are appropriately licensed.
- Background Check and Fingerprint Requirements – Information about background conducted by the DPI for all applicants for license/permit.
- Educator Misconduct – Information about educator misconduct investigation including the district’s mandatory reporting.
- Online License Lookup – An online lookup tool to search for an educator’s license history and information.
- PI 34 Developmental Levels – Information for school districts regarding developmental level as defined in PI 34.
- Licensing Rules and Statute - Information related to PI 34.
- Developmental Levels for Licensing Aligned to Grade and Age
- License Codes and Teaching Assignments
Promoting and Supporting the Profession
- Wisconsin Induction Guidelines – Information related to induction guidelines and promising induction programs.
- Wisconsin Educator Standards – Wisconsin licensure standards for teachers, pupil services professionals, and administrators.
- Wisconsin Improvement Program (WIP) – Information about the teaching internship program.
- Future Educators – Networking organization for clubs that expose students to careers in education.
- Instructional Technology Literacy for Educators – A resource in developing communication skills requirements.