This application is for people who are both:
- Employed or seeking to be employed by a school district as a School Occupational Therapist, School Occupational Therapy Assistant, School Physical Therapist or School Physical Therapy Assistant
- Hold the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services (DSPS) license in Occupational Therapy (OT), Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) or Physical Therapy (PT).
- If you are applying for a School Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) license, you are not required to hold the DSPS license for your initial application. Instead, you are required to graduate from a Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- A copy of the DSPS license or wallet card.
- For a School Physical Therapy Assistant license: see the Transcripts for License Application page for transcript requirements.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
Option 1: Apply for School Occupational Therapy license
Option 2: Apply for School Occupational Therapy Assistant license
Option 3: Apply for School Physical Therapy license
Option 4: Apply for School Physical Therapy Assistant license
- Choose "4-Other Category"
- Choose School OT, OT Assistant, PT, or PT Assistant License
- Choose ""
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.