Directions to apply for an initial Montessori teacher license
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- PI 1612-T Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form
- Transcripts (bachelors degree plus prep program if not part of bachelors) - please see our Transcripts web page for information on what is acceptable
- Test score reports
- Praxis II Elementary Education Content Knowledge (5014) and/or Praxis II Middle School Content Knowledge test (5146), depending on Montessori level
- Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "A-Teacher (including 5-Year Sub) [T001]"
- Choose "Teacher: Request Wisconsin Montessori License "
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.